Things to Do: General
There is so much to do in Auckland for all types of people.
First, have a look at Discover Auckland for heaps of fun (and cheap) activities.
Next, the Metro list of the Top 100 Cheap Eats has all the best places to go, listed by suburb and type of food.
And finally, Heart of the City Auckland has a list of things to do, including some great bars in the central city.
Things to do: Nerdy
Below are some things that might be of particular interest to people studying Classics and Ancient History.
- Unity Books. 19 High St, Auckland, 1010.
- Jason Books. 16 O’Connell St, Auckland, 1010.
- Rare Books. 6 High St, Auckland, 1010.
Roman Temple Museum
- Imperium-Romana. 33 Carlton Gore Rd, Grafton, Auckland 1023.
Classical Art & Artefacts
- Antiquities Collection and Lacey Library. Level 7, Arts 1 Building, The University of Auckland.
- Auckland Art Gallery: Classicism. Cnr Kitchener and Wellesley Streets, Auckland 1010.
- Auckland War Memorial Museum: Ancient Artefacts. The Auckland Domain, Parnell, Auckland 1010.